Did you know that there are around 269 billion emails sent out every day? That’s a lot of competition for you to try and gain your audience’s attention. That’s why it’s critical for you to learn how to run an email marketing campaign the right way, so you can reach your audience and keep their interest. Following you will find some of the most important things that you need to know to run a successful email marketing campaign.
Know Your Goals
All good marketing strategies start with setting your goals, and email marketing is no different. To run a successful email marketing campaign, you need to think about of what you want to achieve. Here are some typical goals for an email marketing campaign.
- Welcoming new subscribers
- Boosting engagement
- Nurturing existing subscribers
- Re-engaging subscribers
- Segmenting your subscribers
You can create your email marketing targets according to your overall conversion goals.
Understanding the Different Email Types
Along with knowing your goals, you also have to understand the different types of emails that you can send out. While different people will group these in different ways, here are the three critical types of emails.
- Promotional emails: These emails are talking about sales and offers and are self-promotional.
- Relational emails: These give subscribers what you have promised them, like a gift, weekly newsletter, or relevant information that they can use.
- Transactional emails. Including subscriber signup confirmations, welcome messages, order or purchase confirmations
- Acknowledgments of changes to subscriber information and are usually triggered by a subscriber’s actions.
Know Your Audience
If you’re just getting started with email marketing, then you’re going to have to make some educated guesses if you want to target your content. After sending out your first campaign, you will start to be able to collect subscriber information so you will have better data to work with for your next campaign. You can gather data from Google Analytics or Facebook Insights to get demographics, interests, locations, and other pertinent information to give you a better snapshot of your audience.
Use the Right Technology
The best email marketing services on the market will have tools that will help you to create more successful email marketing campaigns. Some of the features that you want to look for are, easy campaign creation and automation, integrations with software you already use, ways to segment your audience, and in-depth analytics on the performance of your email campaigns.
These four essential aspects of email marketing will help you get started on the right track to creating a successful marketing campaign for your business.